So you have been doing drugs for quite some time now and you have never been caught; you are proud of it because you know how to stay safe, even though you are committing a major crime. In order to meet your needs, you are in the process of making a lot of other people addicted to drugs. In the end, you just want money and your own piece of drugs and for that, you can do anything and everything you have in your head. You have absolutely no regrets whatsoever.
But you know what? There will be a time when you’ll be caught and punished for the offense you have done. Doing drugs, making others addicted and even being a carrier for drugs is an offense. If someone has been forcing you to be a carrier to supply drugs to their customers, you have got to bring them to the notice of the cops. You can try to be smart. Of course they have blackmailed you for something, but if you try to help the cops, they would help you too.
If you want to learn about the drug Offenses in Fairfax Virginia, you have to go through the below mentioned points:
- It is not lawful for an individual, knowingly or intentionally, to carry a controlled substance. The only situation in which he is allowed to do the same is when he has proper prescription for the same. Even in that case, he is allowed to carry only a certain amount of pills, or maximum just one bottle of pills. If he carries more than the prescribed amount, it is held as an offense. Also, the prescription has to be valid and not very old or fake. The court knows how to learn about the validity and reality of the prescription paper you submit.
- Talking of penalties for carrying drugs in your pockets, it is divided into various parts:
- Schedule one – the Class 5 Felony, which includes imprisonment for 0 to 10 years. This includes carrying cocaine, pills more than the prescribed quantity and even heroin.
- Schedule two – the Class 1 Misdemeanor, which includes penalty of up to $2,500, along with a year in jail. This includes carrying Vicodin, Anabolic Steroids and Codeine.
- Schedule three- the Class 2 Misdemeanor, which includes carrying Phenergan with Codeine.
- Schedule four – the Class 3 and Class 4 Misdemeanors in which the carrier is punished with just fines and no jail.
However, there are times when you have absolutely no idea about who had put the drug in your bag; what you watch in movies is not completely untrue; it has happened with a lot of people. Therefore, you need to know about your rights as a sober individual, who has no idea about where the drugs have come from. In such a situation, you have to prove your innocence in the court and you’d be able to get out of the case with full respect.